Modal Verbs

We have been learning to use modal verbs for persuasion

Once you arrive at this phenomenal island you ought to pause and take a good glimpse of the lovely Kensuke’s island! The powder white sand frames the island like a curled diamond ribbon. You must dip your toes in the navy blue sea, under the blazing sun. Be sure to look out for those funky gibbons and juicy red bananas exclusively on this island!

We highly recommend that you should not go in the cursed Kensuke’s cave. Inside the cave it is believed that is were Kensuke’s spirit lives. Legends say that he will be livid if you enter his cave… He will haunt you. This cave belongs to Kensuke and Kensuke only.

You just have to open your eyes and keep them peeled for those scrumptious blossom red bananas and milky coconuts everyone who has visited this island say that they are the juiciest and sweetest bananas also milkiest coconuts they have ever tasted. This is a must go paradise island!

This entry was posted in Year 5, 2016-17 Flamingos. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Modal Verbs

1. 11rw15 says:

next time I do this I think I can improve by using more powerful modal verbs to tell them what you can and cant do. I enjoyed making this blog and hope that we do more blogs in the future in are I.C.T time!

2. 11rt18 says:

I love the descriptive writing like “cursed Kensuke’s cave” also the phrase “Have to open your keep your eyes peeled” You could improve on maybe information of the forest.

3. 11nt19 says:

I really like your sense of humour and your great use of adjectives like ‘curled diamond ribbon’ or ‘navy blue sea, under the blazing sun’. Next time you could improve on some of your modal verbs like ‘not’ is not a modal verb or some not needed sentences like ‘This cave belongs to Kensuke and Kensuke only’.