Modal verbs

We have been learning to use modal verbs for persuasion.

You must visit the tropical island of Kensuke’s kingdom. Tourists ought to take a look at the glistening, sapphire blue ocean. Swimmers should take a dip in the perfect water and take a look at the tropical fish. Be careful not to leave your clothes on the side because the sneaky orangutan might steal them.

Beyond the shimmering sands you will find the luscious shamrock forest which extends for miles. Keep your eyes peeled for rare red bananas you need to taste them because they are juicer than normal ones and as sweet as candy. You have to look at the funky gibbons they live in their natural habitat.

Try to avoid going up North, because there will be a gloomy cave there – some creatures  live there, like bats, owls and spiders.

Take a slow stroll up Watch Hill. You must visit it. It’s littered with dry leaves  and twigs. You might want to build a fire at the top to keep you warm. At this vantage point you will see the amazing panoramic view of the island. Be sure to go there at sun set so you see the sun dip over the horizon.

This entry was posted in Year 5, 2016-17 Flamingos. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Modal verbs

1. 11zb05 says:

I had lots of fun making this blog and I am looking forward to writing some more in school and at home.

2. 11no24 says:

I like they way you used descripted words to paint a picture like sapphire blue.
    I like the way you used a range of modal verbs.
    Next time I think you should add more description about the fire like the colours or what it looks like.