Modal verbs

We have been learning to use modal verbs for persuasion.

You must go and see Kensuke’s Island! As you reach the island you will notice that the water turns into a smoother liquid and that it becomes completely clear, a rich cobalt. You ought to take a dip or at the very least, put your feet in.

As you get to the island, a ribbon of creamy sand will land at your feet, mixed with cotton and rose coloured shells in rows. You can run around and fell the sand underneath your feet. Beware of the funky gibbons, though you might want to leap with them!

A sea foam and seaweed forest will await you next, you should also explore the emerald mix! There will be cinnamon coconuts full of their fresh milk, which must be a refreshing drink. Keep your eyes peeled for the juicy candy red bananas, sweeter than at home!

You shouldn’t explore Kensuke’s cave as it is dangerous and mysterious. You could get a shock from the owner of the island! Try instead the steep mountains in the north. You could try to climb it and you will find that the view up there is glorious.

This entry was posted in Year 5, 2016-17 Flamingos. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Modal verbs

1. 11rj16 says:

Next time I publish a blog, I would make the words not centred because having the post centred means it is a poem. I would also use higher level vocab from Year Six or Seven because when I read what I’ve wrote, it sounds better to my ears. But for now, I’m happy with my post.

2. 11ca18 says:

I really like the use of modal verbs you have used because they are high vocabulary.
    I really like the phrase “Cinnamon coconuts full of their fresh milk, which must be a refreshing drink” because it shows what the coconuts look and taste like it also describes the milk inside them.
    Next time I think you could check your spellings and make sure there not silly mistakes.
    Well done Ruth a really nice piece of work I like it.