Modal verbs

We have been leaning to use modal verbs for persuasion.

You should visit this green jewel of an island. It has soft pearl sand framing it all around. You might even want to have a paddle in the admiral sea underneath the beauty of the sun set after having a long day exploring.

You need to be prepared for the funky gibbons entertaining you every day and making you laugh by dancing around on the emerald vines. Whilst here you must keep you eyes peeled for red bananas and bendy palm trees with coconuts full of refreshing milk.

You must not go anywhere near Kensuke’s cave! It is dark, gloomy and full of spiders. Cobwebs are hanging everywhere, so you wouldn’t want to get stuck in them as they are super sticky.

This entry was posted in Year 5, 2016-17 Flamingos. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Modal verbs

1. 11ca18 says:

Next time if I did this again I think I could not put it centered like a poem. I also think I would use more adjectives. As well as that I would use more higher level vocabulary.

2. 11rj16 says:

I really like your sentence ” this green jewel of an island” because it shows how green it is and also I can already paint a picture in my mind.
    The last paragraph is really good and it makes me scared because of the use of amazing adjectives like “gloomy”.
    But I think that you could think of another word for “dark”. For example; midnight, pitch black. Well Done for your first blog! 🙂