14th October 2016 short story.

We have been learning how to write a short story.

14th October 2016

Bleary eyed, and with the taste of salt still in my throat, I sat up and scanned the beach. A crescent shaped moon glared through the transparent, wispy clouds down at me. Whilst sitting up I started to cough violently. Finally it stopped. It felt like blazing stars were stalking me from up above

Is this a dream? Mum and Dad? The Peggy Sue? Wheel? Captains Log? Barking. Wait… STELLA! Were is she?! Struggling to get up on my feet, a wave came into shore. I collapsed. I tried and tried until finally I was up on my feet. I fell to my knees in tears. My loveable Border Collie; probably dead by now.

As I weakly turned my body around so I had my back to my guardian angels. My palms begin to sweat as I look into the dark, spruce, jungle. I was thinking Stella wouldn’t even have the courage to go into that jungle. Along the sand line, I saw trees tower over me. The hairs on my neck stood up. What’s that noise?

This entry was posted in Pupil Work 2017-18. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to 14th October 2016 short story.

1. 10as05 says:

I like the fact its very emotive and how it made me feel when I read it
    I like the sentences “I saw trees towering over me. The hairs on my neck stood on end. What’s that noise.
    Next time check your spelling for beach.