12th September. Setting description

We have been learning to write a setting description.

Shards of light pierced through the night sky jungle . Khaki , overgrown coloured vines  obscured the ancient, prehistoric temple. In the near distance , cerulean water cascaded over the jagged edge . Near the fractured , tangled temple , birds  whistled  in a high-pitched voice . Falling vegetation concealed the entrance . Humid , parched heat surrounded the blazing jungle enveloping the explorer . Jagged , prickling stones structured the crumbling temple.

Inside the prehistoric temple ,a mysterious golden idol , stood upon a platform , which rose up out of the ground , when it was approached . Crevassed walls were on every side of him and skulls crowded the colossal chasm near the idol , which was a ebony abyss to great depths . Moss covered the entire decrepit cave , which covered the webbed , vine-covered ceiling.

This entry was posted in Pupil Work 2017-18. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to 12th September. Setting description

1. 10ao28 says:

I loved your piece of work and I especially liked the line about the cerulean water cascading over the jagged edge.
    I liked it because of the vocabulary choices and the sentence openers.
    *Next time I think that you should try and not to repeat the prehistoric temple part other then that it was awesome. 🙂