14th October, short story

We have been learning to write a short story

October 14th, 2016

The two of us we were the only ones left. The only ones who made it to this island. As I sat up with the taste of salt burning my throat. the first thing I saw was the full moon reflection on the oily black sea. The stars gleamed over head through the translucent wispy fog. The clouds slowly moved among the sky covering the gleaming moon.

This had  to be a dream. All I could remember was I was on the Peggy Sue, then I heard a bark – Stella! I needed to find her she had to be some where I just know it when I turned around there was a gloomy, misty jungle she had to be there; she would be dead by now. It was worrying.

As I stood up I realised there was a steam of blood dripping down my left leg; I could not remember how it got there. As I looked around I saw the pattern of the sand weaving back and forth. Through the dense jungle I saw a dark shadow hiding, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. The hairs of my neck stood straight up. I had sweaty palms. As I looked down my trousers were torn like some thing had attacked me; one of my shoes were missing, maybe Stella took it. The Peggy sue must have crashed near this island. I heard something in the bush, then it jumped, it was Stella she was licking and jumping over me. She was alive!

The sun started to rise above the horizon. I felt less scared now that Stella was with me, I walked along the beach and I saw something buried beneath some old planks. It was dad’s hat and jacket – I wondered if my parents were on this beach. I collected all different kinds of things like decaying logs; jagged rocks tatted ladder. I made a collar for Stella’s lead. Then I made a fire to keep warm.

As the sun rose I could see a silhouette of a boat in the horizon. Could they be my saviours? Maybe. I shouted as loudly as I could, Stella and I barked for help until my throat was raw. The ship started coming towards us, could it hear our cries for help? I thought so, at least until it started turning away. I heard something to the left of me it was my parents, they were on the island too! We all helped to build a boat and then we sailed off into the horizon.
A new adventure begins. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

This entry was posted in Pupil Work 2017-18. Bookmark the permalink.